|Fasting Facts |
"Blow the trumpet in Zion, sanctify a fast,
call a solemn assembly." Joel 2:15
WHAT IS FASTING?
Fasting is chastising your flesh by abstaining from natural pleasures for a selected period of time while focusing on a deeper relationship with God.
To get clear direction for the year.
- For spiritual growth in our lives.
- To obtain personal breakthroughs.
- To see the supernatural hand of God released in our church.
- To cover our children in the educational system & society.
- For financial breakthroughs.
- Enrichment in the covenant relation of marriages.
- For our Country's Leaders & the President to do God's will.
Here is a good plan to follow for a 5 day fast:
- Day 1: 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. No Meats/No coffee
- Day 2: 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. No Meats/No sweets/No coffee
- Day 3: 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. No Meats/Liquids only
- Day 4: 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. No Meats/No Secular TV
- Day 5: 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. No Meats/Liquids only
SCRIPTURAL BENEFITS FOR FASTING
Fasting enables us to humble ourselves before God.
Psalm 38:13, Ps 69:10, 2 Chronicles 7:14.
Fasting is a means by which a believer brings his/her body into subjection.
1 Corinthians 9:27.
Fasting changes man, not God. God is omnipotent and unchanging.
Fasting breaks down the barriers in man's carnal nature that stand in the way of the
Holy Spirits omnipotence.
Fasting intensifies prayer and enables the believer to become more effective
Daniel 9:2, 3; Daniel 10:1-14
Fasting empowers the believer to obtain deliverance, spiritual breakthroughs,
answered prayers and victory.
Isaiah 58:6, 2Chronicles 7:14, 15, 2Chronicles 20:1-30
Fasting prepares the believer to receive a fresh outpouring of the Spirit and the
blessings of God.
Fasting has medical benefits.
Fasting will bring peace to our land.
1 Timothy 2:1-2.
- FOCUS on the Word of God and increase prayer during a fast.
- Fasting will increase your faith and your relationship with God.
- During a fast, prayers must be specific. It is wise to keep a journal of your prayers and how God answers them.
- Avoid eating a large meal before you begin to fast. This will make you even hungrier when you start your fast. Continue to eat fruit and vegetables for at least three days before you begin to fast.
- Drink lots of water and fluids: bottled, distilled, or purified water should be warm at room temperature. Do not drink tap water.
- Day one will be the hardest day of the fast, each day actually gets easier as you pray and press your way into God.
- Fasting strengthens your inner will. You will not starve to death by fasting. Fast until God has dealt with you or you feel a release.
- Fasting will not impair your health; however, consult with your physician if you have any concerns. It is not recommended that a pregnant woman should fast.
- Headaches, bad breath, nausea and rundown feelings are signs that the fast is working. These symptoms should cease after the 3rd day.
- The victory often comes after the fast is over.
- Wisdom should be used when breaking a fast. Do not eat food, like meats, that are hard to digest when breaking a fast. Eat fruits or vegetables and drink plenty of water before, during and after fasting.
VICTORY RESTORATION CENTER
Pray that the church would be built after God's pattern. Exodus 25:8-9, Mathew 16: 17-19, Ephesians 2:18-22
Pray that the church would grow in all dimensions. Ephesians 4: 7-16, Acts 2:41-47, Acts 4: 31-35:
Stronger through Worship
- Deeper through Discipleship
- Larger through Evangelism
- Broader through Ministry
- Warmer through Fellowship
- Destroy every satanic attack and calculation designed to hinder the growth, progress, advancement and establishment of the church. Acts 12:1-10, 2 Corinthians 2:11
- Destroy and arrest the operations of the spirits of strife, contentions, envy, jealousy, backbiting, criticism, undermining, sabotage and every form of carnality that hinders the work of God. Galatians 5:13-26, James 3:10-18
- Release a spirit of unity and team work, in the lives of the people of God. Nehemiah 4:15-21, Ephesians 4:16
- Pray that all members of church would discover their divine call and ministries and would be supernaturally set in the church according to the counsel of God and they would be fruitful in their ministries. Romans 12:3-8, 1Corinthians 12: 4-31
- Pray and release every human, financial and material resource that heaven has ordained for the advancement of the Church. Psalm 118: 25
- Pray that God would supernaturally empower His church financially so that the church can meet all its financial obligations without struggle.
- Pray that every department of the church would be functional, efficient and effective and that all the needs of the people of God would be met.
- Pray for revival and the activation of every spiritual gift in the lives of the people of God. Pray that this revival would cause a massive in gathering of souls into the kingdom of God. 2 Timothy 1:6
- Pray that God would bless His church tremendously in all dimensions and that other churches would be established as a result of it.
PRAYER OF DEDICATION
Heavenly Father, today I consecrate myself to You in the name of Your Son, Jesus Christ. I receive fresh oil from Your presence to empower me to be effective in these days of fasting and prayer. I declare that I shall not be distracted by any device of the enemy but I shall come to a place of deliverance, breakthroughs and victory in every dimension of my life. I receive supernatural strength from the Holy Spirit to rise above the cravings of my carnal nature. I declare that in the midst of this fast I would receive power and divine directions from the presence of God that would positively affect my destiny. This is my season of breakthroughs and Double Portion anointing. I shall not be denied of any blessing or miracle that You have ordained for me, in Jesus mighty name, Amen.
Site Mailing List
Victory Restoration Center
1969 Burnett Way (off 20th St. and Broadway) | Sacramento, CA 95818 | PH: (916) 736-0777